Arugula Salad with Pistachio Crusted Grapefruit, Fennel and Sourdough Croutons
2 cups sourdough bread
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
1 cup raw fennel
3/4 cup shelled raw pistachios
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the sourdough into cubes and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil, salt and rosemary, and bake until browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, place arugula on a serving plate and top with thinly sliced fennel.
- In a food processor, combine the basil, pistachios, chili powder and salt. Pulse until it breaks down into a fine crumble.
- Slice the grapefruits and divide into individual sections, removing all the skin and membrane.
- Dunk the grapefruit sections into the pistachio mixture, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Assemble the salad by topping the arugula with the sourdough croutons, then the grapefruit.
- Drizzle with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.