Chevre Toasts with Strawberries and Basil
My friend Alexa and I are big fans of “snacking meals”, or having a bunch of little things for dinner instead of one large course. Before she came over for dinner on Thursday night, I was brainstorming interesting hors d’oeuvres to make; a change from the standard crudities and hummus. Bruschetta came to my mind, but as I’m not a big fan of tomatoes, I thought to replace them with strawberries. In season now, they are at their best and the balsamic and orange in this recipe highlight their sweetness. This recipe made 10 toasts and we finished them all between the two of us. Paired with a glass of rose and a backyard patio, these were definitely a success.
Serves 2 – 3 people
1 baguette (I used a half – sized one as I was only cooking for 2)
10 strawberries (Eyeball this based on the size of your berries and the amount of toasts you want to make)
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
Zest of one orange
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Thinly slice strawberries lengthwise and place into a small bowl. Add the sugar, balsamic and orange zest and mix.
3. Slice baguette into 1/2 inch thick slices and line on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Place into oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. After the toasts have cooled for a few minutes, spread with chevre and top with some basil.
- discount fragrance - Informative and precise Its difficult to find informative and precise info but here I found
- Acne Treatments - Wikia Wika linked to this website
- Geniale Erfindungen - Wikia Wika linked to this place
- PR - Looking around I like to browse in various places on the online world, regularly I will go to Stumble…
- how to win the lottery - Informative and precise Its hard to find informative and precise info but here I found