Edamame Hummus with Lemon and Mint
Every Thursday night we go out to eat, usually to a restaurant that we’ve never been to before. Our dinner at Fat Pasha (a middle eastern restaurant in Toronto) last summer, was definitely one of the best. I had my wisdom teeth out the day after we went there, so maybe it was the fact that all I ate for the next week was apple sauce and ice cream, but I remember that whole meal – and the hummus in particular – being pretty amazing. We’ve tried a lot of hummus recipes, even going so far as to de-shell all the chickpeas to make it smoother, and have come pretty close to re-creating Fat Pasha’s. I usually make plain hummus but the edamame and mint in this recipe make it really fresh and flavourful. Warmed up with a little oil and paprika drizzled on top, it’s one of my favourite snacks – and made even better without surgery the next day.
3 cloves garlic
1 19oz can chickpeas
1 cup edamame beans (frozen or fresh)
1/3 cup tahini
Zest & juice of one lemon
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Handful of mint leaves (about 10)
1. Peel the garlic and place into a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds until it is roughly chopped.
2. Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then add to the processor. 3. Defrost edamame (if using frozen) and add to the bowl as well along with the tahini, lemon zest and juice, a few shakes of tabasco and salt. Mix on high to combine. 4. With the machine still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is smooth. Feel free to add a bit more or less to make your desired consistency. Throw in the mint leaves and pulse to combine. (You may have to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula from time to time)
5. Pour into a bowl and enjoy! If serving right away, this hummus is great if warmed up in the microwave and drizzled with olive oil and paprika.
- bikers - Its hard to find good help I am forever proclaiming that its hard to procure quality help, but here…
- http://intopv.com/eu-pvsec-2013-friday-pv-a-major-electricity-source/ - Just Browsing While I was surfing yesterday I saw a excellent article about
- townhouse - Its hard to find good help I am regularly saying that its hard to get quality help, but here…
- poker qiuqiu online - Digg While checking out DIGG yesterday I noticed this
- link building - Digg While checking out DIGG yesterday I found this
- boss matka - Just Browsing While I was browsing today I noticed a excellent post concerning