Grilled Watermelon Salad
As Canadians, we’re known for taking full advantage of the fleeting summer we have; I’ll put on sweatpants and hoodie just to sit outside and enjoy the sun for a while. This goes for food too. On multiple occasions I’ve had to put on a winter jacket or rain suit just to venture out to the barbecue. Watermelon is definitely best enjoyed on a hot sunny day; weather that Canada never seems to dependably provide. But in honour of our country’s 148th birthday, I’ll suck it up in order to make a patriotic looking salad. I had never grilled watermelon before this, just seen the idea in magazines and assumed it was one of those things that only works with a professional team and good lighting. It’s actually quite easy though and looks like you put in a lot more effort than you did. I hope this salad makes your Canada Day and your summer a little brighter!
Serves 4 – 6
1 mini watermelon
Kosher salt for sprinkling
1 19 0z can white kidney beans
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh mint
1/3 cup feta
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat barbecue to about 400 degrees or medium high.
2. Slice watermelon into thick wedges and sprinkle with kosher salt. Grill for about 5 minutes per side or until slightly softened and grill marks appear.3. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, 1/2 tsp salt and chili flakes.
4. Rinse and drain kidney beans. Add to the oil mixture and stir to coat.5. To assemble the salad, cut watermelon into bite-sized chunks and place into a serving bowl. Roughly chop the feta and mint and add on top, along with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.6. Add the beans, 1/2 tsp salt and a splash of lemon juice and toss together. Enjoy!
- top dating products - Tumblr article I saw someone talking about this on Tumblr and it linked to
- influence strategy - Yahoo results While searching Yahoo I discovered this page in the results and I didn't think it fit
- mail forwarding service uk - Yahoo results While browsing Yahoo I discovered this page in the results and I didn't think it fit
- upc code - Yahoo results While searching Yahoo I discovered this page in the results and I didn't think it fit
- Creative Director - Wikia Wika linked to this site