Shaved Carrot Salad with Cashews and Lime
Last summer, we established a weeknight dinner-making schedule in my family: each person was assigned a night to cook, Sunday to Wednesday, and on Thursdays we would go out to eat. I think we all really enjoyed this, as it gave some control over food choices but without too much stress or ongoing responsibility. It’s also fun to see what my mum, dad and sister would come up with and what appealed to them. We decided to continue our schedule this summer, once my sister and I had come home from school. And although its great to have full control over dinner, it can be a tiring task after a full day of work. This carrot salad is something I thought up while I was weeding a garden at my summer job and wondering what I could whip up for dinner that would be quick and easy, but still on par with what the what the rest of my family would prepare.
1/8 of a red onion (approx)
Juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 lb carrots
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup basil
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Finely slice the onion and place it in a small bowl with the lime juice and vinegar. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad. The acid works to pickle the onion as it sits, and will make it taste less strong.
2. Next, peel the skin off the carrots and then continue to peel them in ribbons into a medium bowl.
3. Roughly chop the cashews, basil and parsley and add to the carrots.
4. Add the onions, sesame oil and olive oil, season with salt to taste and enjoy!
- Online nutrition courses - Just Browsing While I was browsing yesterday I saw a great article concerning
- Musical Theatre - Yahoo results While browsing Yahoo I found this page in the results and I didn't think it fit
- judi slot terbaik - News info I was reading the news and I saw this really cool info
- remote control - Informative and precise Its hard to find informative and accurate information but here I noted
- weather in jamaica in december - Digg While checking out DIGG today I found this