It’s the little things that can make or break your morning: your favourite song on the radio, a good hair day or catching all green lights to work. So, at least for me, taking a few extra minutes to make an aesthetically pleasing breakfast can put you on track for a great day – because everything tastes better when it looks good. Whether it’s to post on instagram or just for yourself, this breakfast is healthy and filling while feeling like a treat. And gearing up for a few days of 40 degree humidity, it’ll be a refreshing part of your morning before the rush (and heat) of life sets in. (Scroll to the bottom of this post for a recipe card for easier printing/saving)
1 frozen banana
4 tbsp non-dairy/dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Blend the frozen banana with 2 tbsp milk in a blender on low speed until it is smooth and creamy. (You can use fresh bananas but it will give the smoothie a thinner consistency)
2. Add peanut butter, cacao powder and a handful of ice to the mix. Add the other 2 tbsp milk and blend again until smooth.
3. Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into a bowl and smooth over the top to make a flat surface
4. Top with anything you’d like! I used coconut, chia seeds and fruit. Dig in and enjoy.
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 tbsp non-dairy/dairy milk (I used cashew milk)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
- 1. Blend frozen banana with 2 tbsp milk until smooth and creamy
- 2. Add peanut butter, cacao powder, ice and the remaining 2 tbsp of milk and blend again.
- 3. Using a spatula, scrape into a bowl and smooth the surface.
- 4. Top with whatever you'd like. I used chia seeds, coconut flakes and blueberries.
- Dig in and enjoy!
- You can use fresh bananas in this but the smoothie mixture will be thinner.